Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Bad Hair Day


Don’t allow your day to be ruined just because you can’t fix your hair right. If you don’t have important things to do outside, then you can simply stay inside the house and let the day pass. But since most people have jobs and chores to do, this option will be unreasonable.

Sit down and evaluate your hair care routine. Are you always using a blow dryer? Do you use tongs, iron, and heated rollers? It’s a good idea not to include these things in your hair care regimen or try to minimize their usage. If you want to blow dry your hair, keep it at a low setting and don’t use it everyday.

Another hair care tip is to keep your hair moisturized by using conditioners. Avoid products that are alcohol-based. Make sure that before you leave the house, your hair is already dry; otherwise, it will tend to get frizzy.

Spend adequate time in taking a bath especially in rinsing your hair. Proper hair care demands that you rinse your hair thoroughly to avoid having dull hair. If the ends are rigid, you can comb it using your fingers or a wide-tooth comb instead of using hairbrushes.

Try to learn more about proper hair care so that you will know what to do just in case you encounter this frustrating and annoying hair problem.

If despite all your efforts in hair care you still don’t see any improvement, just laugh at your hair and pretend you’re not having a bad hair day. Besides, those people who know you too well will not judge you wrongly just because you’re having a bad-hair day, right?




Here's a story about one of my bad hair day moments.




One morning, I woke up in bed wondering what I should do to change my appearance or my grooming. It was a school day then and I wanted to be recognize in a good way. Let's just say I'm a bit jealous of how people looked and how they were recognized by it. So I started getting up and fixing my bed and still thinking of what I should do. I took a cold shower to brighten up my spirit, I felt like an ice cube after that because I am used to bathing with warm water. I wrapped myself with a towel, my towel and stared blatantly at the bathroom mirror. I took a deep breath and said "I know what to do, I need to change my hairstyle!". Still wrapped around my towel, I grabbed the brush, looked for the hairspray, got the wax, and reached for the hair dryer that was placed on the upper cabinet in my bathroom. I almost from a slippery stool, good thing I balanced myself.
"Whew! that's a relief!", I shouted "Now that I got everything I need, it's time to change my do!". I plugged the hair dryer and turned it on. While drying my hair, I was thinking of what hairstyle I should try. I thought of an emo-ish 'do, a shaggy 'do or a spiky 'do. Still undecided, I grabbed the brush and I started brushing my hair. I was very busy concentrating on my look while I forgot to check on the time. I only got 13 minutes left to eat my breakfast, dress-up in school uniform, prepare my things, and brush my teeth before the clock strikes 6:15 am. Panic! Panic! Panic! Run here, run there. Get this, get that. I dressed-up as fast as I could and I just grabbed a slice of bread that was just there in the dining table. Rushing down the elevator and sitting excruciatingly at the front seat of the school bus, my hair got of my mind.
Looking like a distressed clown, it was the worst bad hair day ever.
- - P E E J A Y

No comments:

Post a Comment